Varis is a great house for visiting dogs with their humans. And we’ve even had visiting cats from Belgium.
We follow our trade organisation, the Association of Scottish Self-Caterers Paws for a Break Pet Welcome Charter.
We accept up to three dogs for a charge of £25 per dog per stay. This will be added to your final payment.
Assistance dogs are of course exempt from this charge and we are always happy to make reasonable adjustments to our normal rules for any disability. We would expect assistance dogs to join their handlers in bedrooms if that is more comfortable for everyone.
- Maps for local walks including a network of livestock and traffic free woodland paths direct from the garden.
- Details of the many pet friendly restaurants and pubs locally.
- An enclosed garden – but be aware this is agricultural style fencing so escapologists should be supervised.
- Dog poo bags and torch for late night walks.
- Water bowls.
- A large utility room and kitchen for your dogs to sleep in. Do bring their familiar bedding.
- Plastic dog beds and an outdoor kennel inside an outhouse for dogs who prefer to sleep outdoors.
- Details of the local vets.
- An outside tap and hose to help wash down muddy dogs and boots.
- Holiday tags with address and phone number of house and ourselves. A lost pet in a strange environment is a big worry and anything that helps reunite …
We do have a few rules.
- Pets must be house trained.
- Please keep pets out of the bedrooms. There is a child gate across the bedroom corridor to make this easy.
- Please keep dogs off the chairs and sofas, unless you bring your own throws.
- You must clear up dog mess from the garden and, of course, ensure they don’t soil inside the house.
- Do bring your pets normal soft beds, blankets and toys.
- We recommend using a tick collar or other effective treatment on your dogs for the duration of the stay.
- Please vacuum carpets and rugs before you leave.